Tuesday, November 18, 2008

In its new home

I got this great piece at a yard sale this summer and some friends were recently able to transport it to me. I still need to get some shelves made for it, but I think it fits perfectly in our new dining room.
...
I didn't measure it, when I bought it. I had hoped it would fit between two windows in our dining room and sure enough it did. I would probably never get that lucky again. (: Note to self, always measure!
...
Do you think the chair looks okay, there?
It was my first reupholster project and I don't have the heart to get rid of it, but I really don't have a great place for it anymore! The pets seem to like it and they do dictate a large amount of my decorating style as does my son. (i.e. Wow, love this delicate glass cake stand ... in one piece. I better put it in the cupboard and not use it as a centerpiece)

3 comments:

amanda said...

that looks awesome!...

i like your inner voice about where to keep the cake stand =)

I think the chair looks ok there, is it crowded???

Paddywack Designs said...

No, that area actually is a little like wasted space, so it's not like the chair gets in the way, a tad smaller chair would probably be a little better (sometimes I think about taking the funky chair--found earlier in the blog and redoing it for in there for a bit of a modern twist, but that leaves me with no place for this chair. . .)

LeelaBijou said...

It looks beautiful! the also looks good there ^_^