Tuesday, December 16, 2008

How do you put a price on Precious?

I first started my shop because I wanted to do whimsical pet portraits, but since I have a huge love of vintage I started selling that too.
I knew it would be hard to put a price on things I make ... a lot of myself goes into the things I make.
I didn't realize how hard it would be to price some of the vintage gems I find.

Isn't this lamp just so precious. How do I put a price on it?
And, lots of work going into "saving" vintage items... Generally, I have my son with me and I can't tell you how many times my heart skips a beat as he toddles off toward a shelf filled with glass goods.
If I didn't already have a fabulous vintage Donald Duck lamp in Jack's room, you bet this would be in his room, but he doesn't need two lamps.
I hope someone else will find it in my shop and love it as much as I do... I wish for it the same thing I wish for the things I make ... a happy home.

3 comments:

Theresa Roach said...

That is adorable!!

every simple day said...

that would be pretty adorable in a nursery...

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

What a darling lamp...it is sweet!