Friday, March 13, 2009

What I'd like to be...

I'm often trying to figure out what I'd like to be. Who I am. Yesterday, I found an old yard stick in our basement...probably left here by the homes original family, who bought the place back in the late 1920s.
It's a happy yellow color. On it it says, "Reduce Your Heating Costs" and "Sun Shine Collectors."
As much as I'd like to reduce our heating costs, I think I'd like to be a sun shine collector even more.
I'd like to collect the warmness of the sun and have it fill my soul on days that seem too dark to bare.
I'd like to take the happy moments found in everyday life and drink them in, cherish them and recall them in the moments I need them.
After a long winter, it's always easy to appreciate a sunny day... but what about sunny day number 30?
So, I want to be a sunshine collector ... and possibly a distributor, it sounds like satisfying work.

1 comment:

amanda said...

you should totally be a sunshine collector.

good point about appreciating the sun after a long winter... sort of the same with the rain... when you are in a drought you LOVE it, but when you've gotten it every day for a month... I guess it comes down to appreciating the little things every day - whether sunny or rainy. =)