Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Okay, so sometimes I'm a snob

At a recent stay at a hotel, I couldn't help but take a picture of this... at which point my husband said, "You're such a design snob."
Really I'm not. In fact a true design snob would probably come into to my home and be horrified.
It doesn't look quite so bad in this picture, but in person this just looked ridiculous... or is it just me? Isn't this picture just hung way too high? In fact, I think this headboard is so massive a picture above it was just not necessary, especially since there was a big blank spot over the room's desk.
Oh well. Sometimes, I guess you have to crane your neck to take in the view.

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Before reading anything, I looked at that picture and thought "Oh, I hope she doesn't think that looks GOOD!"

Totally agree, the picture is way too high, and is probably too big for that space anyway. I think the wallpaper border just makes it look worse.

TLC said...

I think it's totally crazy...but then, I too am a design snob!

amanda said...

even I can tell that looks ridiculous...

I appreciate that you took a picture of it to share ;)

Kasey said...

totally hideous.
and i am so with you, my hubby freaks everytime i get the camera out.
xo

hi said...

Haha...the picture definitely has to go!

I gave you an award at my blog - amandabethonline.blogspot.com/

ernest/sara said...

Before I ever read anything, I thought the same thing! I can't recall when I have ever seen a picture hung that high.

jeni said...

The first thing when i saw that was waaay to high... not good! im glad it wasnt your bedroom...lol