Saturday, January 22, 2011

Table to footstool

As always, I already started painting before I remembered to take a before picture. As you can see,  this little table has a dark 70s finish. I decided to lighten it up a bit.

Here it is with a coat of primer. Note, the pile of pans in the left hand corner of the photo. Yeah, that's how I roll.I can't be bothered putting the pans away before I start to paint.


I made a little "pillow" to go on top of it. I may tweak it a little more. It's a little tall for this chair, but my saw is on the blink right now. For now, I think it looks cute and when I can get it cut down a little bit, it will make this a super comfortable place to read a book...as if I ever have time to do that.

3 comments:

amanda said...

clever. I love that you always forget to take a proper before picture, its like we are related or something. The corner already looks like a perfect spot to read!

{put the pans away before you read the book. then all will be well.}

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks adorable! i love the use of the vintage quilt on it- very charming!

Serendipity Chic Design said...

That looks sooo comfortable....I can picture myself on that chair right now with a good book and a cup of tea...

Take care,
Lisa