Friday, March 11, 2011

Presto Chango

 Every Christmas at my Grandma Rose's house we do a gift exchange. Everyone brings a $5 wrapped gift that is then numbered and we each randomly draw a number. My Grandma was beside herself hoping I would get one particular gift.

"Walker has the gift I was so hoping you would get," she said. I watched with curiosity as Walker, my nephew, opened the gift to reveal this:

Bless her heart, my grandma saw this little troll and thought of me. I don't want this get back to my grandma, but this little troll became the inside joke of the gift exchange. Of course my 4-year-old nephew wasn't interested in it, so much to my sister's amusement, it came home with me.

I decided to make a little lemonade in honor of St. Patrick's Day.

I used a little green, and reddish paint to update his look, making him an adorable little leprechaun for the basket on my front porch. I usually just let the winter decorations stay in the basket until Easter, but I decided I'd try to spread a little Irish luck this year.
So I have my little leprechaun and his pot of gold. If I get a chance I may paint a sign that says "Happy St. Patrick's Day." My pot of gold isn't quite what I had in mind, but it was the best I could do on my budget, which was slim to none.


3 comments:

amanda said...

awe, he looks so happy now! Good job, sister!

I really did get a kick out of him coming home with you ;) I knew you would make him special!

TLC said...

Love him Rene...and I can imagine him hanging out there waiting for the rainbow that is sure to shine on your door one day soon!

amanda said...

walker just asked me "why did my dad traded him anyway?"

He also noted "and him's bible is still open the same way."